Sometimes a project just needs that little something extra to make it feel complete. For blankets, shawls, cushions and wall hangings, adding a fringe can be a great finishing touch. (And it’s super simple!!)
1. Cut pieces of yarn that are twice the length you would like the fringe to be, and fold these in half to create a loop.
2. From the back of the piece, insert your hook where you would like the fringe to be and pop the loop from step 1 onto the hook and pull through a little.
3. Wrap the 2 ends of the yarn over the hook.
4. Pull the ends through the loop, right to the end.
5. From the right side, gently pull on the yarn ends to tighten and use your fingertips to neaten the loop.
6. Repeat across with as many as you like.
7. Once complete, trim to the desired length or shape. You could make this straight, curved, wavy, pointed or slanted.
Stand back and admire your work!